FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSL and SIN: one trip, two questions
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:23 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
KARFA will probably tell you that a back-to-back is not really risky at all. Having seen the physical layout and having a thick skin (which is useful for queue-jumping in extremis), I think I will be trying a back-to-back again myself next time to re-test whether his confidence is misplaced.

If you're not going to do a back-to-back, then you only have two options. The previous flight gives you 4:10 between flights (BA766 arrives OSL at 1600, BA769 departs OSL at 2010). That would deal with most but not all operational mishaps, but I think would not leave you enough useful time to go into town. If you were going to make a day of it and go into town as well as adding more safety, BA762 arrives OSL at 1040. There would have to be some near-catastrophic problem for you to miss BA769 some 9½ hours later.
Haha. Well I haven't been to OSL for a while now and I have heard it has changed a little. When I did my b2bs there about 2 years ago there was a separate non-schengen->non-schengen transfer channel, see this photo guide http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25936195-post758.html You didn't go through passport control, and instead follow the signs pointing to the channel at the left of passport control for a non-schengen->non-schengen connection. Once through you just went downstairs and were a few paces away from the gate. This route was fairly easy and quick, albeit you need to re-clear security.

However, I think late last year I heard there was some work being done and you weren't allowed down there anymore. The other slower route involves you going through the immigration desks (on the right in the first photo in the guide), down the corridor left in to the transfer area, security (can be a lengthy queue there), down the stairs, back to immigration to go to the non-schengen area, and to the gate. Frankly in this second route there are three potential problem queue areas so some pushing in may be required.

Next time I go I will have a look around but it would be interesting to know what the current situation is at OSL.