FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:24 am
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by X-ON
Is this guy for real 1M+ to obtain a stable system? Just think this would have been bank, credit card or manged private bank accounts instead?.... Truly a low bar on ETA and expected functionality...This merger have been mismanaged not only on the IT front. As an example look how MAR changed the T&C for SPG brg without ensuring that the legacy SPG team employed the same practice as their MR counter parts. There seems to be a very low or totally missing emphasis on details. A lot of general mangers making crucial decisions with no knowledge of the core problems...Amateur Hour ..
In my opinion their strategy is wrong. What they should have done is something like this
1. They should issue a 9 digit numbers (aka new Marriott account) prior to 18-Aug.
2. From 18-Aug, all stay posting should go to 9 digits number, aka there is no more posting into SPG accounts.
This will make it clean on what they need to migrate from SPG into MR is only up to 17-Aug

I do not see why technically the existing MR members should get impacted.

I think the choice of 18-Aug-2018 (18.08.2018) is probably not a good number for them