FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador Experiences 2018
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:31 pm
PantsFlyer

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
InterContinental San Francisco Howard St

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 2 x Queen Room.
Recieved 2 x Queen Junior Suite on 19th Floor with excellent view.

How are the rooms?
With 2 x Queen rooms there was still plenty of floor space with 2 x chairs and a large bathroom.
The room is located at the end of the floor which gave an excellent view across to walls of the room.

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't go this time, believe it was been recently refurbed.
Was quoted $60 a day per adult + $30 a day for children under 12.

What was good and what was bad?
Good -
The room itself and the view.
Housekeeping were excellent, very prompt i.e by the time we returned from breakfast the room was cleaned.
Bad - They appear to be missing the small things like another review noted ie doorman not getting the door.
Checkin was slow, while I accept it was busy, each customer was taking a long time to process, not helped by ours keys not working and having to queue up again to have them sorted.
The worst part of the stay was breakfast on a quiet Sunday morning. We paid over $100 for a buffet breakfast for a family of 3. With our 6yr old charged $25. More annoying was the buffet itself which was no better than Holiday Inns we have stayed in. Our server went missing for 20mins, then when I went to complain on the way out there was no one at the podium to speak to. When we checked out I was asked how our stay was and I told them I enjoyed the hotel but the breakfast was very poor and she just smiled. Very much just asking the same question without actually listening to the answer.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
It was still expensive even with a weekend voucher. This was our 3rd InterContinental Hotel on this trip and sadly the worst of the 3, which is disappointing after our previous good visits.
Maybe next time we will try Mark Hopkins.