FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is fair compensation for such seriously awful Sheraton experience?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:12 am
Newman

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I agree with most of the other comments.
The hotel was extremely generous apologizing and comping your entire stay.
And I hereby invite any Marriott/Sheraton/Ritz (or any of the 29 Marriott brands) staff member that wants to view either me or my better half, Mrs. Newman, naked for 2 seconds in exchange for a free 2-night stay to PM me. I'll take that deal any day, any time. The offer is for either one of us or both of us.
Makes no difference.

And if this staff member accidentally seeing you naked for a second or two is the only negative thing that happened to you in your 2-day stay,, then you did NOT have a "seriously terrible stay experience". A seriously terrible experience would be i.e. getting food poisoning from the hotel restaurant, or coming back to your room and finding your valuables have been stolen, or getting stuck in the hotel elevator for a few hours, etc......

Sounds to me like the OP got the deal of the decade.
If I were the general manager I would have given you an apology and a $25.00 food/beverage credit. Or perhaps, as another poster suggested, a few thousand Marriott rewards points for your 2 second inconvenience. NOTHING MORE.

What do you want? Stock ownership?

Newman

Last edited by Newman; Oct 1, 2018 at 1:00 pm