FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip.com Bait and Switch Warning
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:50 am
HomersfriendCarl

Unhappy Trip.com Bait and Switch Warning

Hey there.

I would like to share my experience with Trip.com as a warning for other travelers. For an upcoming trip to China I made several domestic flight purchases and 2 (so far train ticket) purchases through Trip.com via Skyscanner. I have had 3 flights (so far) with an email stating that "The airline has informed us that there have been changes made to your flight" ie much later at night and very inconvenient.

I decided to look on skyscanner and the flights are still there for my flight and I can purchase them right now.

Trip.com's email states I can choose to cancel (fee) or accept the change. I can re purchase my original flight at (much higher price) again.

This is 3 flights in two days!. I have a feeling they will continue to change all my flights until I am flying redeye flights in the middle of the night with expensive taxi rides to the airports.

I also purchased prime bullet train tickets the day they were made available. I now have no doubt that they will soon put me on a less desirable train in the near future.

I responded to one of the requested changes they emailed me demanding that they keep me on the flights that I purchased and paid for in good faith at the advertised rate I paid at the time.

Stay away from making purchases through Trip.com.

I will update you all on what happens moving forward.