FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not my reservation
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:17 pm
3544quebec

Several years ago I was charged a No Show fee for a reservation at the HI at Brussels Airport which was not my reservation. The name on the reservation was mine but the rate was a corporate rate for a company on another continent. Despite providing ample evidence that the reservation was not made by me Amex refused the chargeback. It took 2 months to get the hotel to admit the error and refund the charge - no apology from Amex for refusing a chargeback on a clearly erroneous charge.

Today I was checking a reservation I have at The CP Surfers Paradise - I made the reservation and I received the email confirmation. The prepaid charge has been made to my credit card
I couldn't see the reservation in my IHG account so went back to check the confirmation email - someone else's IHG number is listed in my confirmation email and if I try to open up the reservation when logged onto IHG.com - I can view the reservation but it tells me I can't alter it unless the member who "owns" the reservation signs in.

Sometimes these are inconsequential other times they are a pain in the behind and can cost you money/account credits/time/ lost reservations that other parties might cancel when they mysteriously appear in their accounts.

Clearly IHG's booking system/interface with the individual hotel's booking system is not particularly foolproof and despite this having been an issue for at least 5 years that I know of , it appears that nothing has been done to resolve it

Last edited by 3544quebec; Sep 29, 2018 at 5:44 pm