FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:48 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
The cheese was nice but the crackers seem much smaller than the old oat cakes and there was far too little fig chutney.
There were two sizes of oat cake. When it was large, you only got one. When it was medium, you got two, from memory. Now you get three crackers. I find those crackers easier to use with cheese, and besides, I never really liked the sogginess the oatcakes used to take on from sitting on the cheese plate, so I am happier with the current crackers.

In fact, those wrapped crackers were on board at LGW for a while before the catering change, from memory. They at least stay crisp. LHR also had similar ones before, although they were square.

Another thing is, Band 4 was down to 1 slice of cheese. It's now gone back to 2.

Gone are the proper slices of cake, replaced with a small but tasty pot of chocolate mousse.
I give my vote to the new one. All too frequently the cakes were excessively sweet and I couldn't finish them (I only had a mouthful of many of them). The new ones don't seem to be quite so sickly sweet. In fact there is a lovely pot of what is essentially an apple crumble with berries (they called it 'crisp' instead of 'crumble' which seems odd) at LGW that is really nice.