FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Has anyone actually received an Centurion Card invite?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:06 am
fourstardust

Programs: BAEC GGL, KLM Flying Blue Gold, IHG Platinum, HIlton Diamond, Shangri-La Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by BenSenise
i think the fact that your spend is "nowhere near to the amounts which have been quoted here" supports the argument that it's not just how much you spend but what you spend it on.
one could charge 100k/month at mcdonald's and not get an invite whereas someone who spends 10k/month at high-end hotels, flights in the front of the plane, and good restaurants might get an invite.

would you mind sharing what kinds of things your spend is on to corroborate or refute my theory?
my spend is primarily on hotels, flights and restaurants - the majority at the 'high end' of the market and spread across the US, Europe and APAC. Prior to the invite I held a standard Platinum card (99% of spend was on this card) and an airline Gold card. As I said I am not spending 250k a year which is the most common number i see quoted here. I think it does matter where and what you are spending on - i have two friends who hold the card and have a similar spend pattern to myself but again not in the 250k plus range