FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Mangkhut 16 Sept 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:35 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd

That’s the problem my MMB doesn’t show my CX flights anymore. They CX Reservations team in HK said, because of the approaching typhoon, they decided to move me to the next available direct flight. Since both MU and PR are full on the 15th they booked me on the 16th. I didn’t need to confirm or accept anything. They even changed it back to the 16th even after it was moved back to the original schedule by the team in Manila.
I feel sorry for you, but I was just trying to explain why there was apparently a communication or misunderstanding problem about "protection".
In your initial post your clearly state:
"Traveling to PVG tomorrow (15th), CX proactively sent and email informing me that they will protect me on a partner airline".
"Protecting" you for your Sep 15 flight with booking another flight on Sep 16 in case the original flight is cancelled, is different from moving you to that flight and cancelling the original one. They never advised you that the original flight was cancelled.
Anyway, your loss was a Saturday night in Shanghai (which you would have paid anyway), so not a great monetary inconvenience. And you got the pleasure to trade for a nonstop with great J seat.
Again, I uderstand your frustration.