FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to close HKG base [confirmed for Cabin Crew]
Old Sep 29, 18, 2:54 am
Lite

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
I haven’t been around for a while as I left BA last year, but wanted to come back to share the GoFundMe page. Am so pleased, and completely unsurprised, to see that CIHY has already done this. The generosity of former colleagues and customers is outstanding and am sure that they’ll smash their target quickly. They really deserve it, as not only have they been treated callously by BA managers but specifically Carol Ng and her colleagues were very generous with their time and donations during our industrial action last year.

Although I understand that BA are working within the framework of the law in Hong Kong, I think that it is so cruel to treat anyone with such disregard. After the way that we were treated last year with the industrial action though, I am not surprised in the slightest.

The ICCs across the network were always invaluable onboard to handle any linguistic or cultural issues as route experts and cultural ambassadors. I always gave them time to talk in the pre-flight briefings, as especially on Mixed Fleet, their contributions were educational and engaging. The buy in that they had from our frequent fliers on particular routes also must have played some part in customer retention.

It won’t be much comfort, but there is a life outside of BA and I do hope that they find a new job where they’re treated as the assets that they are.