FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott not a "FedRooms" provider
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:00 pm
yeunganson

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I have a friend who works for a limited-service property. I'm not sure what FedRooms is, but I know his property offers gov't rates of $111/night, when rack rates are much higher. One of the things he & I were talking about recently is that often they get someone who books the gov't rate on the weekends for 2-3 rooms (and they know it's really for a softball tournament or something). The property asks for gov't ID & usually the person can provide it & assumes it will cover all rooms, but it does raise the question of how many rooms by a single gov't employee can be booked & if the gov't is ok w/ its rate being used for softball tourneys, especially when rack rates are so much more.

Cheers.
You can also expand the same argument to all corporate customers. For example, if a person works for google and then use the google room rate for a weekend softball tourneys while regular rates are so much more, then what? Property ask for ID and the person shows their google employee ID and everyone is cool.

Wasn't it also true if you belong to say CPA, and you use the association's corporate rate. The more member use it, the stronger the next round of negotiation the representative of CPA can be in getting even more advantageous rates?