FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mint fare dropped a pretty decent amount, anything I can do?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:47 pm
acarney

Originally Posted by Love2FlyBiz
To OP. Have you been able to resolve this? Your purchase date appears to be right at the border when the policy changed (8/27/18). If you purchased the tickets before this date you are entitled to cancel the mint flight without penalties provided the tickets was above $950 if it's a non-stop flight. If so, you should then able then be able to get your money back. You can do this without being Mosaic.

Refer to the Flight Terms and Conditions page on jetblue website under "Fares booked before 8/27/2018", last sentence (section C).

Sadly, i didn't realize the policy had changed, at least it wasn't mentioned in any other forum. I was able to use this policy back in 8/29 without even knowing it was going away
I booked the flight 8/16/18 for $1338, direct JFK to LAX...

Can I call in and ask to cancel or can I do it online?

The same Mint flight is still showing $959.... difference of $379... which would totally pay for one of my Disney tickets :P

edit: still looks like it would only be for JetBlue credit...

”Additional Change/Cancellation Terms (all fares): For changes, any applicable fare difference will be charged in addition to the change fee. Cancellations are for a JetBlue flight credit only, valid for a JetBlue flight within 1 year. If you do not change/cancel before scheduled departure and you "no show" all money for reservation is forfeited. To change or cancel your reservation, visit jetblue.com or call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) in the United States. For a list of international phone numbers please click here. Customers with hearing or speech impairments can call our toll-free TTY/TDD telephone number, 1-800-336-5530.”

Last edited by acarney; Sep 28, 2018 at 7:56 pm