FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Success rate with "Reserve this exact model"
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:49 pm
glostix

Good luck man. it happens. I rented a Challenger RT and they wouldn't let me have one of the available Scat Packs, teling me it was another upgrade class of $128/day extra and all kinds of BS like that the Scat Pack has "10 horsepower" vs the RT with "8 horsepower" so therefore it's a higher class vehicle. Was she talking about # of transmission speeds? lol

I got a Mustang GT Convertible when they didn't have a Camaro SS convertible I rented. Similar but I really wanted to try the Camaro SS, and seems like it's hard to find these days as well.

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Thanks for the info. Had I been more knowledgeable at the time, I probably should have pushed to get that without being charged an "upgrade" from what I paid for the Mustang GT. Since they didn't have the Mustang GT I reserved, they tried to fob me off with an Infinity something. Then I noticed the Challenger. They said it'd be $25 more a day, but in hindsight I think they shouldn't have charged me since they didnt have my "reserve this exact model"....again. I have yet to successfully rent the Mustang GT.

As an aside, I have a reservation this weekend in DEN for a "reserve exact model" Challenger (no Mustang GT offered when booking), so we will see if they have that....or yet again try to give me an Infinity. At least this time I'm better educated, and have printed out this wiki to refer to if they try any funny business.