FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Iran as independantly as possible as a UK citizen?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:43 am
LaydeeSarah

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Visiting Iran as independantly as possible as a UK citizen?

Hi all, looking for some tips and advice on how my husband and I can visit Iran without being part of a full on tour group. We've done a fair bit of investigation and we understand the entry requirements in terms of needing to book through a tour operator to secure our code. We're not tour people though and would like to strike a balance, finding a tour operator that can provide an itinerary including guides and drivers for just the two of us to certain places (Persepolis,Yazd, Esfahan, etc) but leave us with plenty of free time inbetween. I'd welcome any recomendations for tour operators that can accomodate our request, as well as any insights from recent travellers to Iran. Things have changed so much in the last 2 years that much of our research online has become out of date, particularly for us UK citizens, so i'd love to hear from anyone who has visited recently.

Also, I know its possible to find tour operators that will give you a code to allow you to travel completely independantly, but we'd rather not take that risk, hence looking for a happy medium that means we enter properly but still get to travel as independantly as possible.