FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:46 am
yoteshot

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
SN is also not showing availability in Expertflyer for June/July, so that indicates that there just isn't any availability - not an Aeroplan issue.

There are multiple days each week in July that TP is available and I've also found LX availability (both for 2 in J). If they aren't available on the dates you need with no flexibility, that also isn't an Aeroplan issue.

To imply that AE agents are useless because they aren't telling you what you want to hear is misguided, and unreasonable.
Well, absolutely no availability on any flight anytime between tomorrow and September 2019 is obviously an error, especially since when I booked, there was availability every day up to July 6th and now they just all disappeared (would be a huge coincidence if they all got booked on the same day). If they are not releasing seats, they shouldn't appear in the AP partners anymore.

I'm just seeing this situation as being the same as LOT who for some reason, didn't have any flights show up and zoom! They all appeared one day. Hopefully, it's the same with SN, because as of now, I'm definitely not impressed with Aeroplan not showing any return transat flight on anything but Air Canada, Lufthansa or Austrian (hello YQ). Nothing United, TAP, SN, LX, SAS for a wide range of date I'm looking for, especially so far ahead, doesn't seem right, at all. Good thing I'm planning a long time ahead, but it'd be nice to be able to book hotels, for sure.