FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:45 am
PandaSoPink

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I'm in. This is my first year on FT SS, to give back to all the folks who helped make me a better business traveler.

I've done this previously on my BMW forums. Does FT do an signup thread, then a 'it's getting close' thread, then a post your presents thread? Inquiring minds and all

Also, one question I noticed that was missing from the SS signup. Are there restrictions on food or liquor gifts? Or does FT SS not allow for food or liquor gifts whatsoever?. Mostly asking for selfish reasons, because I love rare wines and forgot to list that on my signup PM (duh!)...but also want to be sensitive to the customs/wishes/desires/needs of my SS recipients (particularly since I like to buy off list).

Thanks

Jen
Short answer no restrictions on food or "liquor".
I've listed on my facts that i love Italian wines and got sent 2 lovely bottles of wine last year. One wine was a barolo. Also, chocolates seems to be a popular gift. Other food items such as tea and coffee as well. It's really what hints you list to help your SS shop for gifts. So if you didn't list it they wont know to get you it.
However, note depending on the state they will not even ship/deliever alcohol or someone must be present over age 21 to sign for the package. (Case for me in FL)

PandaSoPink

Last edited by PandaSoPink; Sep 27, 2018 at 8:56 am