FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:12 am
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Did you even look at the data in amejr999's link? Delta had a 34% higher rate of VDB than United.
This is true (actually DL was around 46% higher than UA during the first 6 months of this year when comparing VDB to total pax)... but if they tighten the ropes on their statistical models like UA did last year, VDB's will be tougher to come by.... though I think DL would find more value in switching back to offering travel credits vs. giving away cold hard cash in the forms of these gift cards (which I would never complain about and would take ANY DAY over travel credits).

With Dr. Dao in the past now, and compensation programs modified so that much larger travel credits and gift cards are able to be given away by gate agents, IDB's are incredibly rare, evidenced by this consumer protection report, compared to the past (when I witnessed far more IDB's take place at various airports - was rare to see a VDB certificate greater than $400 in those days).... since Dr. Dao, I have not seen another IDB in person on UA, and the data shows less than 100 took place all year this year.

Anyway... too many tangents here.... just happy to see more VDB taking place on UA... and would hope that things don't tighten up on DL because I will fly a LOT of DL next year after my relocation to FL, and I would like to dip into some of those gift cards!!