FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - meal Delta 27 / ATL - ICN 12:49 AM departure
Old Sep 26, 2018, 10:29 pm
ATOBTTR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I'm heading to Incheon from ATL in mid-October. For that post midnight departure, it says:

Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Drinks, Premium Snacks

Do the Delta in-flight meal scheduling idiots really think people are going to eat dinner at 1:30 in the morning?
This is hardly abnormal. In fact in many ways I find it helps me begin adjusting my body clock to the new time zone on the westbound redeyes, at least if in J. Flights to Australia from the West Coast usually leave late (around midnight). On flights to Australia, dinner is served after takeoff, which from the time it’s actually served until you finish is about 2-3 hours into the flight, forcing me to stay up and fall asleep as close as possible to a more normal “bedtime hour” at the destination Sometime after dinner and dessert, then head to sleep for about 7-8 hours. Not long after waking up, breakfast is served and then you’re landing at a normal morning hour at the destination. This is how it went for me when I flew LAX-BNE on VA and I had very little jet lag at all upon arrival (less than I feel going eastbound in the US and trying to adjust my body clock to the earlier wake up call).

As another example on that same trip I flew AKL-SIN on NZ, which departed AKL at 1AM and arrived at SIN around 6 AM. Dinner was served after takeoff from AKL on that flight.