FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 90 day tourist Visa
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:56 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
We are planning to visit Argentina for about 105 days starting next May. We know the Visa for US citizens is for 90 days. We plan to visit Colonia Uruguay during our stay and we will probably visit Brazil for a few + days during our visit. Does a visit to Colonia Uruguay or Brazil restart the 90 days? I understand we might be required to show an onward ticket from Argentina before leaving the US- will it matter if our return ticket is beyond the 90 day period a few weeks? Thanks for any info and recent experiences.
It does restart the 90 days. You should have some sort of proof of onward travel. I've only been asked once, prior to boarding an SCL/BUE flight (but it was a BUE/SCL/BUE ticket, and the reservation had no associated proof of onward travel) and I had my return itin to the USA to show the agent.

Note that immigration agents are on the lookout for "permatourists, i.e., those that actually live in Argentina, but leave every 89 days or so. The only time it would affect you is if you've already been there more than the maximum permitted time (approx. 6 months per year), they would not let you back in. But you might get a second glance. So have some proof of onward travel. I frequently have immigration officers looking at the screen due to approximately 4 or 5 entries a year. When they count the days up, it is about 3 weeks total, so no issues.