FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Pasta - casual and cheap?
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:06 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Padella near London Bridge. Relatively inexpensive (though you probably need to order two dishes of pasta if you're skipping the appetizers) but long queues. On my most recent visit they started taking names + phone numbers allowing you to go to a pub and wait there. It's just outside the Borough market exits of London Bridge Tube station.

https://www.padella.co/#home
Also near the Borough Market... when we've stayed at the Hilton Tower Bridge, we've wandered down Bermondsey Street, through the tunnel, toward the south. You get away from much of the tourist stuff, and it seems like a real neighborhood. In looking at the map, Village East and Flower & Grape are two places I know we've eaten at, but there are probably more.

I remember going to Village East once and they told us, "we can seat you now, but you only have 90 minutes since the table is booked later." That was more than enough time. Heck in the US many restaurants get people in/out in 45 minutes or even less.

In addition to local restaurants, that area has lots of little shops if you have time and want to wander around.