FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:38 pm
Will100

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Could you explain why one needs to be cautious or indeed why it is mad to consider this?

The maximum deduction is clearly stated by the company concerned and there is no risk of incurring fees should BA win.
Opitimistic estimates put any award for non-material damage at £1000 so the fee would be around £350.
BA have made it clear that they do not see they have any obligation to compensate (as opposed to reimburse direct costs) those affected and I have no doubt that trying to convince them otherwise will be a long and frustrating process. Quite honestly if the class action brought a net return of £650 or so I would regard that as a fair outcome given the hassle avoided by not having to argue with BA directly for months or longer. It also avoids the long-term impact of the raised blood pressure that often results from contact with BA customer relations when pursuing a grievance!
If BA begin to pay out they’ll pay everyone. I detest no win no fee type spam I get.

Not it quite sure why people are expecting BA to pay out of people haven’t suffered a loss either.