FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Lurker(s) - How to Contact (Combined Threads)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:21 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by stevens397
Sounds good to me but every other agent said I need 600 nights. Which is true? And thanks for the quick response.

Really, if I have to make up 15 more stays this year, I will do so but with great anger!
Two different sets of rules. Legacy SPG LTP took 500 SPG nights and over 10 years Plat status. MPG LTP takes 600 any nights and over 10 years Plat status. From what you've stated you should now have SPG LTP and that will carry over to MPG. If it was earned before 8/18 it should be that way now. If it was earned after 8/18 then it should kick in after the sweep in January. If you are Plat now, there is no benefit to having LTP, that kicks in once your annual status drops below Plat. Just like many members, the CSRs are scrambling to understand all the new rules. You would think they already know/knew the legacy rules, but it's almost like the slate was wiped clean.