FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renewal criteria for Elite changed?
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:49 pm
AviationAddict

Hmm actually not really - if you scroll to the bottom it still says:

How can I extend or upgrade my membership?
If you want to enjoy even more of the exclusive benefits offered by Miles&Smiles, you can earn Status Miles and use these to upgrade your Miles&Smiles membership status.
  • Earn Status Miles on every flight operated by Turkish Airlines and other Star Alliance member airlines.
  • After your second year of membership, purchase up to 10,000 Status Miles for $ 70 per 1,000 Miles.
  • If you're resident in Turkey and earn 30,000 Status Miles in your first year, or a total of 45,000 Status Miles in your second year, your membership will be extended. If you're not resident in Turkey, and earn 25,000 Status Miles in your first year, or a total of 37,500 Status Miles in your second year, your membership will be extended.
  • If you’ve reached 80,000 Status Miles in the past 12 months, upgrade to Miles&Smiles Elite Plus.

I know at the top section it did say you need 30,000/45,000 miles to extend. But oh well, we all know how good or bad the TK IT/website is. I also logged in and checked my account on my progress to keep my Elite status, it remains 37,500 for non-Turkish residency.