FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mosaic Challenge news?
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:27 pm
Vincent Zuo

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I have done it in 2 days on a mint round trip to SFO . Next week I am thinking about flying to ORD for a playoff game (which may or may not happen). This would be a good reason to take advantage of my Mosaic status but on the ORD/JFK route, B6 seems to be late every time I fly this route so I will use the UA farelock instead. (and the last ORD-JFK flight I did , the tv's did not work ).
I'm scrambling to qualify for next year. .Already booked a R/T mint to LAX to take out a sizeable portion of the remaining points needed to qualify. My friends think I'm crazy for trying to get over $3k of travel done in a few months just to qualify for Mosaic, but I take advantage of Mosaic benefits wayyyyy too much to not have it. I've easily saved over $3-4k in change/cancellation fees, EMS upgrades, booking cheapest flight and doing free 24 hr confirmed change in the past year.

Sometimes I book 2-3 cheapest flights on different days for each of my trips when I'm not sure exactly when I want to fly... then cancel last minute and use the 24 hour confirmed change to pick the actual flight I'm planning to take.