FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:46 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Phil754
I argue that given other flights of the same types of aircraft (CS100) departed in a similar time frame, this was a commercial decision to not run the LCY flight that evening (as opposed to cancelling another flight), and is thus compensation-eligible.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Or what's the best route to progress, MCOL?
It is quite difficult to get Swiss to pay EC261, much more so than BA since the Swiss small claims system isn't anything like as slick as the UK one. Furthermore they don't necessarily hold CJEU judgements to the same level as EU and EEA countries. But I don't buy this as extraordinary circumstances, moreover it was their home base so their remedy cannot rest on the inaction of one aircraft, moreover I suspect it was the inspection that was delayed, not the remediation. So if you bought the ticket in the UK then yes go for MCOL. Swiss have signed up for ADR, but not with CEDR, it's with another resolution provider known, rather unfortunately I would have thought, as söp. And I haven't a clue how good or bad they are. But if they were on CEDR I would be suggesting them since this is not that arguable to my mind.
https://soep-online.de/request-form-flight.html