FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:43 am
Speedbird92A

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Did a Madrid return from home base in Newcastle over the weekend, I’ll not post the pictures as they’re all in the thread somewhere and by now we know what stuff looks like,

NCL-LHR, 1025 departure so choice of Continental breakfast or Veggie Quiche for brunch, I had the continental which was ok, but brunch is probably my least favourite meal band. What I would really like to see here is a bacon sandwich for the main, like the express band. I think that would go down well especially on the domestic routes.

LHR-MAD, 1320 departure on the 777. Usual band 3 rest of day and opted for the sausage and mash which was delicious, nice hearty meal and the starter salad was very nice too. Passion Fruit desert was also very very nice. Only complaint is an observation I have in general with mixed fleet crew and I had to pester them for a drink after the initial bar run meaning my glass remained empty during and well after the meal.

MAD-LHR, 1055 on the 767. Packed out front cabin on the 767. Excellent CSD, young guy but very much old school BA and the only one who removed the plastic covers and stood the glasses upright before serving. Being only 11am in the UK I didn’t fancy the curry or pasta option and went with the coronation chicken which they had ran out of in the first couple of rows annoyingly. Had the pasta instead which was also nice if not the sauce being too runny. Other parts were ok too but not as nice as the LHR-MAD. Eurofleet crew though so drinks more free flowing.

And finally LHR-NCL, 1425 wheels up out of London so afternoon tea. To be honest I wish I went for the ploughmans seeing as you seem to be able to get scones with that too? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. In all honesty I was quite full from the previous flight so just picked eating the cake and of course the scone.