FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre Existing Reservation changed to higher points
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:44 pm
elg26

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
"You do not have enough points for this reservation" - on a reservation already made

So I made a reservation with 45,000 points a few months back for a November stay at the NY Marriott Marquis (1 Night,Category 9 Hotel).

When I went to check my reservation today it said at the top: You do not have enough points for this reservation. If you will not earn the points needed in time, you may purchase the additional points you need and order e-certificates.
If you have not ordered e-certificate(s) ten days prior to your reservation, customer support will contact you to discuss payment options.

It appears now the MM costs 50,000 pts. Can I assume even this message above is just a default message that the system puts because it doesnt realize the reservation is valid and made before points changed?...... or should I expect a problem prior to my confirmed reservation?

Hoping the former....