FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:59 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Cleasey
Anyone else had anything like this?
Just to welcome you to Flyertalk and welcome you to the BA forum Cleasey. I don't think I've seen any reports of this form of phishing yet recently, but thanks for putting on the radar screen. I have had to change 4 credit cards, and in the case of 1 card I'm on a second change and on another card I'm on card number 4 (the bank concerned reissues cards automatically as soon as it detects something odd). So that is 8 pieces of new plastic in just a few weeks, 21 attempts on my card in various forms, 11 phone calls from my credit card companies (I let them call me now rather than respond to their text messages) and various hassles with tickets for trains, hotel bookings, gigs, cinemas and rugby tickets. Plus reinserting my details all over again for regular merchants. But so far no phishing beyond my usual collection of Liberian ladies with highly unfortunate back stories. Welcome on board!