FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about alternatives to the SPG Amex after the massive Marriott devaluation
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:13 am
ckelly14

Originally Posted by bgriff

Part of my dithering on finding a replacement solution has been, as I mentioned somewhere far upthread, that unlike many, I actually liked to use SPG points for hotels, and rarely for airline transfers. And other than Chase UR->Hyatt, there really aren't any attractive ways to earn hotel stays on credit card spend these days. (And even Chase UR->Hyatt is arguably less attractive than other uses of Chase UR points.)
Agree, I'm exactly in your shoes and haven't completely given up on SPG/Marriott. I have 2 SPG business cards that I will continue to use for gas, cellular bill and shipping, as well as some restaurants. I booked 2 properties post-merger: Courtyard NOLA for 25K points (best rate $235) and San Juan Marriott resort for 35K points (best rate $408) for a return of 0.94 cpp and 1.16 cpp respectfully. If I can continue to stay at Starwood and get a value of around $0.04/dollar spent, I'm good.