FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Z class business bookings and concierge service for same-day changes
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:46 am
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pilot007
So I can't view the fare rules when I login to the booking on ac.com, all I can see is that it says "Business Class (lowest)" and "Business (Z)" beside each leg, but no way to view any restrictions on changes. FWIW, the TA rules permit changes without penalty. It would be great if I could know what rules the AC check-in agent / concierge is going by when I show up, because then I'd know if it's worth arriving early to do an SDC, or if there's no point because the rules from AC's perspective don't permit it. I don't mind paying a SDC fee, but last time I was flat out told it was not possible.
I can't comment exactly on what you're seeing on the website, however, as per ABG, SDC wouldn't be something your TA would have some sort of thing written as a rule as this is only to be done at the airport.

The first thing I would do is to figure out if your fare allows for true free SDC, which according to ABG above, does not.

So this is what I meant by a change fee to change your flight on the same day (including on the day of), which is not necessarily the same as a true SDC, despite this self-describing term. Your TA might not have a change fee, but AC might.