FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:04 am
Bar Operator

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by orbitmic
3 choices is actually one more than on bands 1 and 2, and again, there are also multiple divergent reports above on the details. E.g. consistently with the "leaked" descriptions, most band 1/2 lunch dinners have a choice between a veg and a protein salad but some got two meat ones instead, some people have reported being offered the ploughman for brunch whilst it is supposed to be for Afternoon tea according to the descriptions leaked, etc.

Now there are two possibilities. Either the descriptions are inaccurate and offerings a lot more fluid than planned or - more likely in my view - many crews and even caterers are still confused about the new service and this is about not being clear what should be served for what meal as multiple rotations are loaded at the same time (obviously, notes are provided but if caterers are confused that won't help!)
I can only speak for the flights I have been on, but I can confirm there have been some instances where at least some of the meals/trays loaded have corresponded to the wrong sector (outbound vs inbound); in addition to this, last minute meals loaded (for last minute increases in CE loads) may not match the rest of the meals already loaded for that flight. This means some customers may be offered 3 choices rather than two...