FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton co-branded card upgrade/downgrade [Consolidated]
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:49 am
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Happy
Are you sure it is for ASCEND? Last night I saw ours have ASPIRE 150K upgrade but the previous Ascend was gone. I had the previously available Ascend Upgrade Offer bookmarked, but now the link said Offer Expired.

EDIT
Never mind. I found the 150K Ascent Upgrade via another method.

Bottom line, can upgrade to either Ascend or Aspire with the same 150K bonus. Tough decision as I do feel Aspire is more valuable than Ascend, but we wont have any FS Hilton family stay the remaining of 2018... This makes Aspire a tougher choice. Actually makes upgrade to either one a tough choice due to no need for status for the rest of 2018. No reason to incur AF when not using the benefits.
It's Ascend and I have a feeling if we upgrade to the Ascend card first we will then get the Aspire upgrade offer at a later time . We need Gold For April 2019 and would not be able to use the $250 Aspire Hilton Resort credit within 12 months ( which means paying 2 AF's) as we have $700 in Barclay points to use for room charges by June 2019.

Right now the 150K Ascend Offer is the best for us. 150K to upgrade with no hard pull, no Amex denying the bonus ( I asked the rep to read my wife's upgrade bonus via chat with no leading questions and he/she replied 150K /92 days ) and also the AF the first year is pro rated, my dad paid a ~ $39 AF the first year for the Ascend via the upgrade.

If you upgrade now you will have Gold/Diamond until 3/31/2020 provided you don't cancel before April 2019.

I'm not sure how any possible claw back would work if you cancel too early especially in our case where the points will be transferred to my account as soon as they post.

Originally Posted by RedSun
I do not see it, only the BCE which I have no plan to upgrade now.
My wife's Ascend off was located at the top of the page yesterday whereas the offer I used for my dad in June was located in AMEX offers where other discounts for using the card are.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 23, 2018 at 12:17 pm