FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to solve the boarding process once and for all for United
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:43 am
applegrcoug

Programs: UA, AS
Include me in the folks that think charging for checked bags is a bunch or the problem...law of unintended consequences.

But it gets worse for United. If you have the credit card, it is only good for you and one companion. Alaska for example, is good for six companions, Delta, everyone on the reservation.

Last year, we went with a party of four across the US to Disney World, where WDW collects your bags for you. Not only that, one of us was just turning four, so his hands weren't super reliable. Promptly after getting to the gate, I gave them a couple bags and said "here." They checked them, knowing they always have a problem. That is how ludicrous it has become...everyone knows there is a problem with OH space. You can offer at check in to help with the problem, but it will only cost you $30.

Oh and kids need extra time. My sister has three four or under and often travels without my BIL. She says it takes her until she gets on at the start until when everyone else is situated to get her kids situated with seat, snacks, seat belts, books....everything to help mitigate their discomfort and by extension the discomfort of others.