FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels in Yaounde
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:53 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by frontenac551
Thanks. And, yes, I'm thinking similar to the Sheraton in Kampala or the Hilton in Abuja. Not London Park Lane.

The problem with the 11x multipler is that my tickets are generally purchased through SN (I'm based in Europe). However, I just looked and the price on UA.com is about the same as through SN (though our travel agency can usually get better prices than I can see). If the UA.com price is similar, I can try to get them to book through UA. The issue with AF is that, I just realised, they don't go every day and the most likely day of my return is a day that they don't have the return flight (of course). Also, looks like some flights may be on the older planes where J has middle and/or "angle flat" seats
If it's as good as the Sheraton Kampala you should be very happy. That's one of the better sub-saharan hotels.

I too am generally Europe based, but you can still purchase ex-EU Star Alliance flights directly from United or on United stock if using an agent. I think you are right that AF still has the angled seats on this route so SN wins in that respect, especially for the return flight. I'm not sure what value FB Gold has. I'm LTP and I'm not even sure what value that has anymore if you are already in business class.