FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:35 am
Sisyphus1carus

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hi,

Thinking of a 2 night 2 room stay with my 70yr old parents. Their first time in HK, 2nd for me (but was working mostly).
Stayed at the Langham before, on the company :-)

I'm only a Platinum IHG member and my Mother's a Gold. So probably will just be treated with derision at being such lowly peasants ;-)
Would be tempted to buy Ambassador status if it'd guarantee us something nice like lounge access :-)
However I am thinking of using a free night cert & 210 points for the stay.
This hotel is twice the points of the IC Bangkok !! Only stayed there in a suite with lounge access though. So on points we will be in the 'basic' rooms at ICHK.

The ICHK is 'only' 10K points per night more than the ICGS so unless the ICGS gives lounge access &/or upgrades where ICHK wouldn't then the ICHK sounds the best to me. It does seem a shame though to stay in such a nice hotel and only have the basic room !!

Anyone know what, if any, benefits Plat get at these specific ICs on reward stays ? and how that would be improved by AMB status ?