FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Does Anyone Fly Alaska? (Including Rants)
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:35 am
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago

Any single one of those issues would be workable but not all of them together. As much as I dislike United and especially the loyalty program there's really no other viable option at this point.
DL operates to most places in the northeast that UA does, via either DTW or ATL. I would rather connect in either of those airports than EWR or ORD, but YMMV. From SFO to DEN/PHX, you'd have to connect in Salt Lake, pretty good connecting airport and often the connections are efficient -- 35-45 minutes...but sure not the convenience of the nonstops that UAL offers. As a 50,000 mile flyer on either UA or DL you will not be seeing that many upgrades anyways.

I have moved a fair bit of my regional AS flying to WN, and so far it's working OK. Different experience, but not bad different. I have put my AMEX airline reimbursement on WN and just buy EBCI via the reimbursement when I want or need it.

This year I will only have flown AS to YKM (where they have no competition) and to OGG, where they have the only nonstop from my home airport...and even then, one way was booked with BA miles.