FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Sep 22, 18, 10:06 pm
A651346

Programs: HH Diamond - Marriott Titanium- AA EP
2 PNRs (Dom and Int'l) at LAX Terminal 4 & TBIT reclear and go through security?

Hello FT community,

I just booked the below revenue itinerary for me by calling to AAdvantage EP line so that I can be on the same plane/itinerary as a previously booked and confirmed 3 award tickets (which I also used the AAdvantage EP line to book) or my family travelling to BKK next year.

PHX-LAX
LAX-NRT operated by JL
NRT-BKK operated by JL

As I understand it from the EP agent, my family's confirmed award ticket travel which is on 1 PNR and luggage will be checked all the way through from PHX to BKK. Per the agent to get me on the same "metal" as my family, they had to break up my revenue reservation into 2 PNRs. One from PHX-LAX and the other from LAX-BKK.

Question:

Since I will only have carry on for my 2 PNRs, would I have to exit terminal 4 at LAX (assuming plane arrives at terminal 4) and then walk to TBIT, recheck with JL and reclear
the LONG security line at LAX? If so, I was thinking that I can walk my family from terminal 4 through the "air bridge" that connects terminal 4 to TBIT first and have them wait for me at the PF Changs (since its a part of PP now) until I check in with JL and reclear security?

My concern is the limited amount of time we have when getting to LAX at 11:18 am and the flight to NRT (operated by JL) is scheduled to depart at 1:15 pm. I flown this exact flight from PHX-LAX 3 times a month and I'd say its a hit and miss on flight delays for this specific flight........

Love to hear your thoughts/response/suggestions

Thank you!