FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton co-branded card upgrade/downgrade [Consolidated]
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:10 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by IDM79
Currently I'm waiting for my new Aspire card and its 150,000 point bonus I was just approved for last week. Today I check on my AMEX accounts and see a 150,000 point bonus offer to upgrade my NAF Hilton card to the Aspire. (I just downgraded my previous Ascend to that NAF only a month ago!) Read the fine print and nothing about not being eligible if you've ever had the card before, as is usual with these upgrade offers, but it also didn't say anything about not qualifying if you already have an Aspire. So I guess my question is, are you allowed to hold 2 Aspires at the same time and also receive the second bonus for the upgraded one? Is that something they'll catch after the fact even though the fine print doesn't address this situation specifically? Not sure I want to add another $4,000 in MS right now anyway, but if the offer is still around in a month or so I think I'd seriously consider taking another 150,000 points and a free night if possible.

My GUESS is that if you attempt to upgrade you will be denied the 2nd Aspire as that offer was sent while you did not hold the Aspire card.

Since the Aspire is a new card I doubt you are going to find any data pints of people trying to get 2 cards especially since they each have $450 AF's

Good to know these upgrade offers are still out there