FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA tries to get Captain to deplane me for asking to make space for my carry-on
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:03 pm
bambinomartino

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by LordHamster
I sincerely hope that this is internet bravado and not a true story. You are essentially admitting to assault, which is not tolerated in any state of the union. Furthermore, cornering someone and threatening them can lead to immediate or long-term consequences.
Agreed. I can see myself having this type of reaction if someone had taken pictures/video up my daughter's skirt or something, but I suspect Mr. Tough Guy's motive was erasing evidence of his friend's inadequate at best, or similarly criminal, at worst, behaviour.

The conversation here reminds me of the difference in attitudes regarding the "towel game" at beach resorts, with people arguing from different premise.

In both situation, there is limited resource that needs to be shared. Guy with a backpack only should be able to put it in the bin above. The people who plonk a towel on a beach chair at 6am, only to return after lunch, expecting the chair to remain unoccupied are entitled jerks.

A couple of years ago, at SVO, a Russian woman who may have been an 8 ten years prior, boarded the plane last and had an absolute fit when discovering that the bin above her seat was full. She unceremoniously and borderline violently threw the offending luggage on the floor. The FA did nothing.