FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA tries to get Captain to deplane me for asking to make space for my carry-on
Old Sep 21, 2018, 3:20 pm
sharmaintl

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
Honest question, what are you expecting from UA? 10K miles? A voucher? If you are a GS, 1K, they will just give you some token to make you go away. The FA I'm sure has a different side of the story and sadly can't tell us his side of the story.
I have asked them for an investigation report. I want this incident documented. I too want to hear what the FAs explanation is. I also want a report on what remediation steps are being taken. I do not want the person fired, as some have suggested. Removing a passenger from a plane should not be taken lightly. It should be reserved for people who are a threat to the airplane, other passengers or staff, or those disrupting the flight. I did not qualify under any of these no matter which way you look at it.

I declined the 10k miles they offered me. I am treating this as an incident that if they ignore, will make me take my business elsewhere. I do not want to do this, it will be a pain as United is the prime airline at IAD, so I hope they take this seriously. Once this settles I will share the final response from United on this thread.