Old Sep 21, 18, 2:44 pm
caj2310

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat Charge (UK), SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Dia, PP,
BA115 16th Sept

Flew BA115 LHR-JFK last Sunday. Maintenance issue with the cargo loading rollers. We were kept on the plane throughout and ultimately touched down 3h 4mins after scheduled arrival time. Arrived at the gate 3h 12mins late. Fired in a claim for the 300EUR and received the following. Do they employ people to make this crap up? Jet stream??? Being held at JFK??? Never had a taxi this short at JFK. Who are they proposing I claim - God? Maybe it's his fault there was a jet stream... I've fired back a suitably robust response. Up to them whether they pay up or i need to go down the MCOL route again. At least they've admitted liability in the email for the maintenance issue that caused the delay. Should be an easy court process.

Anyone seen anything as silly as this before?

---------

Thank you for allowing us to investigate the reasons for BA0115 flight delay.

I’ve checked the details of your flight and can confirm your flight was delayed because of British Airways for 178 minutes.

However the additional 14 minute delay was due to jet stream winds over the Atlantic and being held when arriving in JFK.

Since British Airways was only reasonable for 178 minutes of the delay and not 180 or over we are not liable to pay EU Compensation.

Thanks again for contacting us. Please feel free to contact us if we can help you any further and I hope we can welcome you on board again soon.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 21, 18 at 11:16 pm Reason: Remove staff member’s name