FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Platinum Challenge General Discussion Thread
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:51 pm
tygran37

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, it's possible that the T&Cs for one person's status challenge are not exactly the same as those applying to someone else. This is likely to occur, for example, if one person is getting the challenge through a corporate travel contract, and possibly if different countries of residence or credit cards are a factor, etc.

IMO it's irresponsible to assume and moreover people should be encouraged to read the T&Cs that apply to them.

And I basically agree with you except I thought this thread was specifically about the current status challenge they are doing which afaik is the same for everybody doing it. If you are doing some corporate match that's different then yes there's a decent chance your terms are different, I just didn't think that's what this thread was about and if it is that's cool too.

Either way...yes please read your T&C. Having said that it took quite a long time on the phone to get them to send me these T&C (my CSR put me on hold for 25 minutes while she had to "get permission" to email them. and she wasn't the first one i tried to get them out of). They don't have them posted anywhere on their website, so just trying to help people out. I wish they weren't so secretive about everything... not trying to toot my own horn, just trying to save others a headache.