FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA tries to get Captain to deplane me for asking to make space for my carry-on
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:41 am
LASUA1K

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sharmaintl
Great point. I would have been sitting in AUS had she not stepped up. I will take your advice and make the post on the importance of passengers speaking up when they see abusive FAs or other unacceptable behavior by even other passengers. Thanks for making the suggestion.

All I did was ask. This could have been a passenger in the bulkhead row with no seat to put under. I do not think at least asking was inappropriate. And I asked the FA for help to find out. And BTW, the pax did not have anything under the seat and the FA finally asked them if they could put it there when the captain decided not to deplane me. Either way, asking (without making a scene) if bags could be re-arranged in a bin if not an offense one should be deplaned for.
If the passenger only had one bag, it is the passengers right to use the overhead. I've had plenty of people get upset at me that I have my backpack in the overhead. I travel light and want the legroom, especially First Class aisle seats, where in the 739, make it difficult to put it under my seat. Just because it fits under the seat, doesn't mean that I must place it under my seat.

I wish I could hear the FA's point of view here. FA's don't just randomly ask a captain to come out and speak to a passenger. This story seems a bit one sided to me, and a bit unfair that the FA can't defend themselves. FA's are easy targets these days, and people seem to love attacking them. If you don't like the fact that no overhead space was available directly over your seat, then check in your bag next time and don't make a scene asking people who's bag it is and having the FA stop their pre departure duties and find out whose bag it is.

How many hits did the OP get on the blog?

Last edited by LASUA1K; Sep 21, 2018 at 10:59 am