FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA tries to get Captain to deplane me for asking to make space for my carry-on
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:38 am
Collierkr

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by jsloan
No, I'm suggesting that if it fits under the seat in front of you, you shouldn't have put it in the overhead until (and unless) everyone else had boarded first.

I understand that, and I stand by my point. Your "primary storage area is the space underneath the seat in front of you," to quote (paraphrase?) the announcement -- the exact same announcement OP was trying to get the FA to enforce.

There isn't enough room in the overhead compartment for everyone to put an item there. I don't think that's a secret. UA sets the maximum size, and while I do agree that some people abuse the space -- and, I did call them out as worse offenders -- you are still taking up shared space for something where it's not necessary.
EXACTLY! You nailed it. The announcement and approach is that what can fit under the seat should go under the seat. This makes room for those who have something that CANNOT fit under the seat. So everyone should wait until end of boarding and if there is space then move that little stuff up top. JSLOAN- if we ever run into each other, drinks are on me.

How hard is that?