FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rude FA tries to get Captain to deplane me for asking to make space for my carry-on
Old Sep 21, 18, 8:11 am
sharmaintl

Programs: UA 1K + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle View Post
Kudos to your fellow pax for stepping up and speaking up about the truth of the situation.

Sorry you had that experience. I have been seeing more instances where overhead space is limited in FC. Often due to the bag with the blankets and the odd carry on with a *Crew* tag.

If you do decide to blog, please emphasize about the need for pax to speak up when they see such situations, and that should go both ways, i.e. when pax are rude to FAs.
Great point. I would have been sitting in AUS had she not stepped up. I will take your advice and make the post on the importance of passengers speaking up when they see abusive FAs or other unacceptable behavior by even other passengers. Thanks for making the suggestion.

Originally Posted by LASUA1K View Post
So the passenger with the small backpack should move the bag to accommodate you? Did you know if the passenger whth the backpack had another bag? I travel with a small backpack only and itís going above my seat!
All I did was ask. This could have been a passenger in the bulkhead row with no seat to put under. I do not think at least asking was inappropriate. And I asked the FA for help to find out. And BTW, the pax did not have anything under the seat and the FA finally asked them if they could put it there when the captain decided not to deplane me. Either way, asking (without making a scene) if bags could be re-arranged in a bin if not an offense one should be deplaned for.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 21, 18 at 8:26 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member