FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Calls Police on Customer Seeking Lost Baggage
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:12 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
I wish in situations like this the videos started far earlier. They don't and never do but I would love to have the full video as we don't have the full story. I have had to visit DL baggage service 3 times. None were damage all were missing luggage. All 3 times there was at LEAST 2 other people talking to a DL CS rep and verbally assaulting them over the dumbest and most ridiculous things. Most of them are laced with swear words and asking the reps if they are stupid and how they are providing poor service.

The best was a damaged hard shell roller. The rep pulled up the EXACT BAG and the lady kept swearing at her that she paid more. That isn't the same bag and hers is a darker black color...

Should Delta have called the police? No... Did Delta call the police? No... I doubt it. Some employee did. This will be some bad PR For Delta for sure and they should train people better to not escalate to this level.
If some DL employee or contracted employee working for DL called the police, it's the same as DL calling the police because the employee or contractor is an agent for DL. Maybe it would be better for DL if we could say that DL called the police and make it sound like some anonymous computer was responsible for actually calling the police.