FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:52 pm
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
What, exactly, is the role of the Ambassador?

This is my first year with one and I received an email from my assigned Ambassador this afternoon. Her email was welcoming but I am not certain that I really understand from it what to turn to her for vs. calling the platinum line. Are Ambassadors just handling details about upcoming reservations (this is what I thought) or for general account assistance?

I am currently on a stay and I needed some urgent assistance from the platinum line regarding rewards from this stay, but could not reach a person after an hour, so I called the line for the Ambassadors, even though I did not have one assigned. The gentleman who answered was generous and gracious, offering to become my Interim Ambassador until I was assigned one. He assisted me with the rewards issue that I had and offered additional assistance. My account is a mess right now with some reservations not showing, some reservations that I canceled not refunding points, etc. and I asked his assistance with those reservations and points and he took care of them. Is this an inappropriate use of an Ambassador?
I am hoping to better understand the scope of the role of the Ambassador since, now that I have one, I wish to not overuse her for things that should be done by the platinum desk, but by all means, if she is there for such matters, it is much easier and I am hopeful that she will be more knowledgeable than a CSR at the platinum desk.

EDIT: I just re-read my introductory email from my Ambassador and it really sounds like it is just about having highly personalized service during my stays. I'm not precisely sure what that means but have a general idea. There was quite a lot in the email, however, about the ability to opt out and respecting privacy and security, so I am curious what opting in entails. I assume it is a profile that I fill out, but after reading the email, I was left to wonder if they are going to search for public records and social media posts to discover my tastes!

Last edited by sinfonia; Sep 20, 2018 at 10:08 pm