FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Online check in - Edinburgh airport
View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:30 am
BA6501
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer900
I've not flown from Edinburgh with Iberia and have a flight booked with them. I'm unable to online check-in though, it just states that 'online check-in is unavailable'. Does anyone know a reason for this? I assume I'll have to just show up at the airport and check in manually at the desk?
Are you within 24 hours of your flight? If not, see below.

Originally Posted by malagajohn
dont think that IBERIA allows online checkin from the UK to Spain
Originally Posted by malagajohn

Check-in online

Reserva tu asiento y obtén tu tarjeta de embarque desde el mismo momento de la compra en todos los vuelos de Iberia, Iberia Express y Air Nostrum, excepto desde/a Cuba, El Salvador, Estados Unidos, Gran Bretaña, Guatemala, México, Puerto Rico y Sudáfrica.
Translated, Iberia is saying choose your seat and get your boarding pass as soon as you purchase your flight for all IB/I2/YW flights, except those to/from those countries. For most if not all of those countries, online check-in is available, but only 24 hours before departure, or from midnight the day before.

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Dear MalagaJ -- Edinburgh is clearly no more part of Gran Bretaña than Barcelona is part of Spain No, the correct answer is: "Iberia just likes to do this sort of thing (deny online check-in) but ONLY after you have entered all your personal and passport information. Then you get the message: "Ha habido un error. Por favor, inténtelo más tarde." Rinse and Repeat.
This is the sort of error you would get when online check-in is open - and I believe if it actually is open (as opposed to "checking-in" when you book the flight) - and something is wrong. OP, is this your problem?