FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:13 am
dougzz

Programs: BA Gold
I was delayed by weather in Washington in the middle of August. DCA-JFK-LHR-HEL-ARN all booked in business, eventually became DCA-BOS-LHR-ARN, with the DCA-BOS leg downgraded to economy. The rebooking of the LHR-HEL-ARN to LHR-ARN was done by AA whilst I was in Washington, I received an email that morning as I headed for the airport. I was rebooked more than once, as the initial delay extended and I missed initially rebooked flight LHR-BOS too. Very impressed with AA and how they tried to sort what was a widespread problem affecting many people. When in the lounge back in LHR I tried to reinstate LHR-HEL-ARN as the rebooked ARN direct flight was so much later I was losing more time, and having to spend it just killing time in the lounge. Rebooking not possible as availability disappeared.

I followed the email route suggested in this thread, but so far it seems an incredibly haphazard process. I received a response and a reference number. Answered the questions asked. Nothing after a couple of weeks so sent a follow up email. Received a it takes time response, no problem. A few days later received an email saying documentation was necessary, this via a new sender email address with a new case reference number. Responded with copies of boarding passes and an itinerary printed in the DCA lounge by AA. Got a response about the flight downgraded to economy saying we're asking AA. This after almost a month. Replied again saying fine, what about the LHR-HEL leg, received a response saying that was credited and is showing in my account, it's not and I checked again to be sure. What a muddled mess, surely they waste their own time and money on doing things so poorly. A refusal is one thing, but the complete misunderstanding or just plain unwillingness to understand, and incorrect responses just create more work for both sides.

I sholdn't care as the Avios are trivial, the TP not meaningful, I'll make gold and won't make anything more than gold so not really needed. But they really ought to have a better process. I should stop, but you get sucked into the pointless exchanges and can't help yourself. A bit like the seat is rubbish threads