Old Sep 18, 18, 3:02 pm
squawk

Hello @surfergold, I see you've had the official @corporate-wage-slave welcome and benefited from his excellent advice already - the 'G' day trip fares are certainly worth considering. I would also suggest a few (long?) weekend trips out of T3, as you're spoilt by the Cathay and Qantas lounges (the only negative is that coming back to BA Galleries Club at T5 is something of a downgrade by comparison!).

From T3, Luxembourg is often the cheapest as has already been mentioned, with convenient flight times to maximise your time at the other end. Other BA European destinations I'd say are definitely worth visiting, served from T3, include Budapest and Vienna. Helsinki is nice, but certainly not a cheap place to visit, and with a relatively long flight you don't get a lot of time at the other end if you're there for a regular weekend.

From T5, I'd add Zurich and Basel. The former because it's a nice, compact city with excellent transport links. The latter allows you to get quite easily by coach to Freiburg im Breisgau and Colmar. I wouldn't do a day trip to either of those, but a weekend is perfectly feasible.

Originally Posted by hypercrypt View Post
You now get free seat selection with status on HBO fares. Was charged a good few months ago
Certainly free when I booked in May for an early July flight, including exit rows on short haul.